This 4-day event will train participants in the fundamentals of boardwalk design and building.
This 4-day event is a Trailkeepers University Timber School: Boardwalk Building class, open to folks who are:
- Trail stewardship volunteers from all organizations;
- TKO Crew Leaders and Assistant Crew Leaders
- Other local community volunteers
- Agency staff and other partners
If you’re wondering if this training is right for you, please email email@example.com to start the conversation.
This event features sessions on:
- Basic boardwalk design and principles
- Project specific objectives, problem solving, and strategy
- Field work sessions to put your knowledge into practice
Your registration includes:
- Four days of Timber School training from TKO leaders, staff and partners
- Free camping accommodations nearby
What to bring:
- Sturdy boots – please bring sturdy boots that will protect your toes from sharp tools. For safety reasons, we cannot allow tennis shoes, sandals etc. during the trail work sessions.
- Long sleeved shirt and work pants – wear what you won’t mind getting dirty in
- Rain gear and warm layers – even though summer will be upon us, please come prepared for all weather.
- Work gloves – we will have loaner pairs available
- Water bottle – 2L minimum highly recommended
- Travel mug – help us keep our waste low!
- Daypack – for carrying all of the above
- Non-work clothes and a change of shoes – for the non-trail work times.
- Camping gear – tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, cooking gear, etc.
- Meals for 4 days – TKO will provide coffee, tea, and light snacks for participants each day. All other meals are the responsibility of the participants.
This training is designed to be both in-class and on-trail experiences. Please come prepared to participate fully, learn new leadership skills, and, of course, have some fun!
This event is generously sponsored by the Bureau of Land Management. Thank you!