Need to get outside after Thanksgiving? Us too! We’ll be clearing vegetation around the Indian Beach access trail and picnic area. Come on out and feel free to bring the whole fam!
Project site is directly adjacent to day use parking area so hiking is minimal.
What to expect:
You should expect to participate in this work party for its entirety. For safety reasons, please do not arrive late or expect to be able to leave early.
What to bring:
What to wear:
We’ll be meeting at the Indian Beach Day use parking area in Ecola State Park.
COVID-19 Procedures **Please follow all civil authority restrictions for your community. **
In accordance with civil authority restrictions and land manager requirements for safety considerations, the following policies are currently in place:
• All volunteers will watch in the TKO COVID-19 Safety Lab, a broad safety orientation of TKO Safety Policy & Procedures for a COVID-19 Environment. Link will be provided in your registration confirmation.
• All volunteers must administer a health self-evaluation prior to attending in-person volunteer events (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html).
• All volunteers will read and sign the TKO Volunteer Waiver updated for COVID-19 for release and indemnity of TKO and the land manager partner. Link will be provided in your registration confirmation.
• Volunteers must bring their own gloves, cloth masks, and hand sanitizer.
• Tools will be sanitized prior to the event, and will not be shared throughout the day.
• No carpools will be arranged by TKO for the time being.
For a complete list of Covid specific safety measures, see our safety manual, available here.
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: TKO recognizes that the trails we work on travel through the traditional lands of many Indigenous tribes. In every corner of what we now call Oregon, these people were forced to cede their land, their home, to the US government at various times throughout history. We are privileged to volunteer on these lands & express gratitude to the descendants of these tribes for being the original stewards of this land.
PERSONAL SAFETY: Your physical & emotional safety is our number one priority. If a person’s actions or comments make you feel uncomfortable/unsafe – interrupt directly, tell a crew leader &/or complete a post-event survey.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: TKO seeks to make Oregon’s trails a place where people can go to connect with nature & one another. Not everyone feels safe & welcome in the outdoors due to racism, bias & hate. We commit to being part of the solution to change that. Conduct, speech, or expressions that target individuals or groups will not be tolerated by TKO, regardless of whether they are based on age, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, geographic origin, language, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.