By Megan Zabel Holmes, Board Member, Trailkeepers of Oregon I couldn’t believe my luck when, the first time I left the house with my new telephoto lens, I stumbled upon this great blue heron at Orenco Woods Nature…
By Cheryl Hill, Volunteer, Trailkeepers of Oregon
Trailkeepers of Oregon invites you to submit your photos for a chance to be featured in TKO’s 2020 calendar and website. We’re looking for photos of hikers and landscapes and wildlife and plants encountered on Oregon’s trails. What makes a good calendar photo? Check out the categories below for the types of photos we would love to see. Two things to keep in mind: Photos should be in focus rather than blurry, and they should be in landscape orientation rather than portrait. We look forward to seeing where you’ve been hiking this year!
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- All photos must comply with the seven principles of Leave No Trace.
- Photographers must have permission from anyone whose face appears in the photo.
- Photos must be taken in Oregon within the last year, from October 2018–November 2019.
- Each person may submit up to five photos and no more than one photo per category:
- Plants: fall foliage, wildflowers, forests, mosses, ferns, skeletal trees—the most interesting flora you’ve encountered.
- Wildlife: birds, deer, you name it!
- Landscapes: from the ground or the air, photos that show Oregon’s amazing scenery.
- Stewardship: trail work in action!
- Hikers: your friends and family and other hikers on Oregon’s trails.
- Submitted photos must have been taken by the submitting photographer.
- Photos should be in JPEG format with an original resolution of at least 300 dpi and ideally be able to be printed in a 12-inch-wide x 9-inch-tall format or some ratio close to 4:3. TKO may crop photos to fit the calendar specifications.
- Photos can’t have watermarks.
- To enter the contest, fill out the entry form.
- File names should include your name and the location—for example, JohnSmith_ElkCove.jpg
- Deadline: All entries must be received by 5 p.m. Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
- Photographs will be selected on the basis of creativity, originality, and composition.
- Winners will be notified via email in early December.
- Winning photos will be printed in TKO’s 2020 calendar and winning photographers will receive a complimentary copy.
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrants will maintain copyright of their images, but grant TKO the right to print their images in the 2020 calendar. All entrants also agree to grant TKO the right to use their images in other TKO promotional materials, both electronic and printed, such as the TKO website, emails, and newsletter. Any photograph reproduced will carry a photographer credit as feasible. TKO will not be required to pay any consideration in connection with using contest photos.
Cheryl Hill: email@example.com